Penpisha's IB Psych Blog

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Historical and Cultural Context : Essay Response

During the past few weeks, I have been working on the essay on the historical and cultural context of Freud's theory of human behavior. This is my first essay that's marked by the IB grade for IB Psychology HL(Of course it's not the first one of all the essays I already wrote this year, since all my Japanese writings for IB Japanese SL is IB-Graded and possibly the English essay for IB English SL as well). And yet, people made mistakes, but for this essay, the mistake I found is always the same for all subject I took.

In nearly all essays, writing, and all that I wrote, I found the same mistakes over and over again and yet I can't really fixed it. That is "Word Choice" or "Diction". I'm quite sure now that my choice of wording things get my grade down. In this essay as well, I found myself using the wrong choice of word and it result as my grade down, I think. That's one of the mistake I found. Another mistake, well, I can't really say that it's alway bad, is the "Length of the Work". For most of the time, I wrote a lot, and often time I found that I possibly wrote too much. The thing I do (only if I have time, since I have this problems often time in the past exams and I ended up to run out of time to check it) is that I go back on my writing I try to cut it, but it can be a reverse effect as well. When I go back to look at this essay, I found myself to be ADDING more than CUTTING, which leads to a grave problem that "MY ESSAY ISN'T GOING TO GET SHORTER BUT LONGER INSTEAD!!!" That's really a problem with me throughout the whole time ever since Middle School, which means, yes, I hardly improve in cutting out the context, as that I still get this problem in this essay.

As for the grade, 13/20, which make 65, isn't satisfactory for me. Yes, in this year I have something three times worse than this, but yet, for me a 'D' is unacceptable, not that I don't accept it, but it means I will need to work a lot harder to pull my grade up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home